Saturday, 19 July 2008

TdFKAL: second sprint completed


DSC02782, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

May I present the Jacques Cousteau Chapeau. The pattern, like everything else these days, is on Ravelry. (ie: I can't be bothered finding the link). It uses a decrease that I haven't come across before - KKS. Super easy and pretty quick.
The wool is Patons (Australia) Merino Deluxe DK. This appears to be ACS's attempt to produce a competitor to the Italian style basic yarns like Filatura di Crosa Zara. It's pretty good and a leap forward from the basic 8 plys that they've stuck with for so long. If I were going to be critical, I would say that Zara is a smidge softer than this. But that would be being a little bit picky.

1 comment:

sprite said...

I really like the pattern on the top. Very pretty. You'll have to hang out with lots of tall people who'll be able to see it.