Monday, 28 July 2008

TdFKAL: stage 22 - the final analysis

I didn't finish the Clapotis. Although it's probably long enough now that I could just finish it off. I'll keep going till I've used up the rest of the sea silk. Sorry - no photos. I didn't have much time over the weekend to take advantage of the daylight for photography. I did manage a couple of sprinty FOs though - the beret and the chapeau - tres bien!

I stayed up on Saturday night to watch Cadel race the time trial. SBS were hyping it up big time with a series of Smashing-Pumpkins-soundtracked promos. Even my boss got excited about it and this morning reported that she had set her alarm and got up after a few hours' sleep in the middle of the night to watch the last gasps. The end result was a little disappointing, but on the bright side, an overall second placing two years in a row is an amazing achievement in itself.

I am now looking forward to some early nights. Le tour follows straight on from Wimbledon which effectively means 5 weeks of burning the candle at both ends. So now I've got a couple of quiet weeks before the whole shindig in Beijing takes off - with more armchair sporting than you can poke a stick at.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I didn't watch Le Tour but Wimbledon had me in front of the TV till the wee hours! The swimming will keep me up too! Lucky I've had a few weeks to recuperate, except for my Tour a la Bendigo!

Genevieve said...

cannot. wait. for. the. olympics.

I'm not much for watching sports but for some reason, you put the whole world in there, and I LOVE it.