Wednesday, 27 August 2008

FO : Helena Baby Jacket


DSC02833, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

A quick little knit from the top down. See the pattern called Helena at Knitty.com. The only quibble I have about knitting top-down raglan is the really long rows that you get just before you divide off the sleeve stitches. But once that's done, you can watch it turn into a try-on-able-as-you-go cardigan. I love that.
This cardigan pattern has a handy trick for the extra cast on stitches at the underarm which eliminates the need for any seaming - something to remember for the next February Baby Jacket, which will probably actually be a February Lady Sweater. I've been itching to cast one on all winter, but I keep on finding myself making other things that have a deadline. Now as winter edges towards a close, I find myself with a little gap in the knitting schedule. I guess I'll get to wear it next year.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Very pretty; well done.
I'll add it to my queue; I've never knitted top down and it's time to take up the challenge!

Bells said...

that is so lovely. I adore it. Nice choice on the buttons too. I will have to make it.