Sunday, 14 September 2008

This one time.... at spinning class.... I bought a fleece.

So now, bit by bit, picking out grass seed after grass seed, the fleece is turning from this...

DSC02846DSC02847


into this...

DSC02852


which in turn, gets plied together, washed and finally appears as this.
DSC02851


I have 5 skeins completed so far. Each skein is about 80-90g. Eyeballing the weight, it looks to be about an 8ply/DK - perhaps a smidge heavier in parts. I'm thinking cardigan - I've gone cardigan mad on Ravelry and have been favouriting nearly every cardigan pattern I come across. I think it's the adjustability and the possibility of slight temperature regulation that attracts me to cardigans rather than jumpers.

Spring is definitely here now. Yesterday I sat out in the back yard to read a bit more of Breaking Dawn (this one is taking much longer to get through than the first three books - the story is interesting, but it seems to be dragging) and although it was quite windy, the air had that warmth to it which feels soft on your skin.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

i am about 3/4ths through Breaking Dawn. I still think Eclipse is my fave.