Sunday, 16 November 2008

Charm squares quilted


DSC02896, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

I decided that I had let this one drag on for far too long, so last night and this morning I got my fingers into gear and finished the quilting. Now there is just some hand-sewing to fix the binding on the back.

I love this part of the process. Once the little bit of texture that quilting adds to a piece is completed and then the whole thing is bound, the promise of the initial idea is revealed.

Some quilts work better than others, but I always find myself pleasantly surprised at the lift that things get when they're finished off properly. I think one of the reasons that I sometimes take so long is that I get disillusioned with the project in progress. Getting to the finish line almost becomes an intellectual exercise in reminding myself that this has always been the rhythm of things.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Lovely colours.