Tuesday, 4 November 2008

Darned socks.....


DSC02890, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

Darning these socks has been in my "gunna do" pile for quite some time. This afternoon I finally just sucked it up and did them - and it really doesn't take that long. If you look closely, I obviously have a classic spot where the sock (just one out of each pair, despite my attempts to alternate wearing them between left and right foot) wears out.
Today is Cup Day here in Melbourne and we have the day off. I have had a lovely day remaining completely oblivious of which horse has won "the race that stops a nation". I've been catching up on the backlog of podcasts that has been building up in my iTunes, baking a Christmas cake ( a Nigella recipe - tried it last year for the first time and loved it) and sewing myself a Heath Robinson-ish spinning apron.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

WEll, ain't you the clever one?

Yeah, 'the race' didn't stop me; I was busy rearranging things on my classroom wall!!