Saturday, 13 December 2008

FO: Silky Stash

This week saw me doing some test knitting for the fabulous Donni.   Here is my Silky Stash "scarflet".
DSC02922
I had just a single 50g skein of the slightly pricy Colinette Tao - a pure silk DK weight single which was just heavenly to fondle -even Mum commented on how soft it was.   This was a quick easy and effective knit which used up every last bit of that precious skein.  The single structure of the silk meant it was a tiny bit splitty so I had to be a little bit careful, but I'm certainly not complaining.
DSC02920
The pin dates from, I think, the 1960s.  Mum tells me that her brother gave it to her.  She thinks it was made by a friend of his.  Apparently there was a craze for setting stones around this time.  I have no idea how prevalent this may have been.   I love this brooch.  It wasn't until this morning that I realised what a good match it was for this scarf.  I had thought that I was over my purple phase, but in C's words, here is another scarf in my "signature" colour.
DSC02923

The Stash pattern is available here:   

2 comments:

donyale said...

LOOKS SO LOVELY - lots of capitals to show how excited I am to see someone else has knitted the Stash.

Thanks Paisley.

Genevieve said...

pretty!