Monday, 23 February 2009

Stash buster


DSC02960, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

Mrs Weasley's Bag of Stitch Witchery - from "Charmed Knits". An excellent knit-from-the-stash project. Even the bag handles had been lying around for far too long (purchased at a craft fair some years ago for a possible project that never eventuated).
The slipped stitch pattern was pretty easy to work and memorize, although the instructions could have been written better. I found myself having to take leaps of faith that what I was doing, was what was actually meant.
I've lined the bag with some left-over lairy purple fabric that I once made a dress from, but of course I forgot to photograph the inside.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Le sac est tres chic [the bag is very stylish] - what is it about bags that brings out the French? That's the third time I've done it this week!

Genevieve said...

oh, I love this! I have that book too - I shall investigate further...