Sunday, 9 August 2009

Just like magic...


IMG_0173, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

If memory (of my rusty German vocabulary) serves me correctly, Zauber translates as "magic". This sock yarn is called Zauberball and yesterday I caved in and succumbed to a touch of startitis.

Undulating Rib Socks from Interweave's Favorite Socks book. This will be project six of the six-books-project, so I guess this means I'm ahead of schedule.

The yarn really is quite magical. The barber-pole striping which is so obvious in the ball, turns into a rich tweed when it's knitted up - much richer than the ball would seem to promise. I keep wanting to continue just to see how the colours are going to blend next.

3 comments:

donyale said...

wheeeeee - I bought some today!

donyale said...

wheeeeee - I bought some today!

Lynne said...

That truly is magic - I would never had guessed it would knit up like that!