Monday, 3 August 2009

More knitwear modelling


IMG_0133, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

I finally got around to sewing the buttons on Mum's cardigan.

It fits and Mum likes it so the experiment was successful. I'm not 100% sold on the i-cord around the hem and cuffs, but I thought it needed something to visually tie the front panels to the rest of the cardigan. Mum was intrigued by it - she hadn't seen applied i-cord before so I did a little demonstration on my swatch to show her how it was done.

The Tour de France is over for another year. I didn't "knit-along" this year, but I was keeping tabs on the race, dreaming of one-day hiring a Winnebago and joining the spectating throngs. "Our Cadel" didn't have a great race this year.

As for Australia's performance in the Ashes so far......

....and the weather at Edgbaston has been so splendid.

Time to get the spinning wheel out and work my way through some more of my free fleece.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That has come up very nicely. Well done.
C