Friday, 2 October 2009

Birthday socks


IMG_0245, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

Pattern: Lindsay from Sock Innovation by Cookie A.
Needles: 2.5mm addis - magic looped.
Yarn: Genevieve sent me some squishy soft Knit Picks merino/alpaca blend sock yarn for my birthday back in May. The colourway is called "Evil Stepmother" which my boss thinks is hilarious.
This is the first time I've tried a garter stitch short-row heel and toe. Easy peasy and extra squishy, I love it.
These were mostly a train-knitting project, but I cast on the first sock back in August on a weekend, while watching The Last King of Scotland on DVD and I can't quite get the image of James McAvoy strung up on butchers hooks out of my head. The mind can be a mysterious thing in the associations that it makes.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

nice socks!

As for associations, the baby blanket I have on the needles is now intertwined with NCIS [the old and the new]! I hope I get over it soon!

M-H said...

I find that scene to be a really 'sticky' one too. It comes on me unbidden from time to time. Horrible.