Tuesday, 17 November 2009

Faroese Shawl finished


IMG_0326, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

A slowish project, I started this in July and took the blocking wires out last night. But it wasn't a difficult project. Garter stitch based lace, with every second row, k all stitches. The patterned rows had an easy rhythm to them so that even though I had to knit this with the chart spread across my lap all the time, it never felt tricky or full of traps to trip me up.
And the secret to casting on 400+ stitches at the start? Put in a stitch marker after every 50 stitches and it won't seem nearly so hard or so long.

Six Books Project wrap-up to follow.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

The stitch markers in the cast on row is a great tip! I wish I'd remember it sometimes!!

The shawl is looking very pretty - so light and floaty.