Friday, 19 February 2010

Back home in warmer climes


snow shoeing near Hirosaki, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

Catching up on sleep.
Watching Torah Bright win gold in Vancouver
Didn't get much knitting done in Japan - about half a sock.
Despite being able to take my knitting on the plane, I was too catatonic to do any in-flight. But it was nice to know that I could have.
Only landed on my bum three times on the icy streets.
Snow shoeing is really hard work, but the views were so worth it.
I think I left a t-shirt and pair of undies in Nikko.
The Japanese drive on the same side of the road as us, but on roundabouts, they give way to the left, so you can enter a roundabout, but then have to give way to other traffic on the left entering the roundabout.
Lots of photos here.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Welcome home. It is definitely warmer here. But is it as interesting? LOL

Anonymous said...

Welcome home - will catch up with you soon.
C.

Donyale said...

Just so you know, I always check out your projects (might not always comments but always lurk)....and B. I love your snow photos! Wonderful stuff. Did you get any habu?