Sunday, 30 May 2010

How many fingers am I holding up?


IMG_0901, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

A friend asked for toddler-sized gloves as she couldn't find any in the stores. I told her that they don't make them very often because it's such a pain to get toddlers little fingers into them, but that I would make one for her to try out. If she can get this on her little girl's hand, then I'll make the pair to go with it.
It's funny thing this glove. When I finished it I held it up and kept thinking there's finger missing. I counted the fingers and the thumb on the glove, and then counted the fingers on my hand, as if I had forgotten how many fingers can be found on a normal human hand.
The numbers match, but somehow it doesn't look quite right.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I love the yarn and I hope it fits.
It may be just the photo but the thumb appears to be on the pinkie side - perhaps that's why it doesn't look right?

M-H said...

Do you know the icord glove recipe? You can find it by googling. It's a much easier way of doing the fingers.