Sunday, 20 June 2010

Well I guess that question is answered...


IMG_0989, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

.... I cannot blog every day for a month.

Yesterday I did a crash course in the basics of how to use the manual settings on my DSLR. It's all about getting the balance between aperture, shutter speed and ISO. We learnt about the nature of each of these variables and how tweaking them up or down will affect the exposure of the shot.
At lunch after the session I got my knitting out and applied my new found knowledge to shoot an in-progress shot of the green cardigan of doom. This is indoors without a flash and even has a little bit of depth of field. This makes me very happy. I now have the tools to experiment more and start really seeing what my expensive camera can do.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Daily blogging would be too hard for me - that's why I'm blogging without obligation!

Don't feel too bad - blogging should be fun not a chore.

I look forward to seeing the results of your playing with your new toy!!

Donyale said...

Top photo....