Saturday, 30 October 2010

How many pairs of shoes do you have?

Lately there has been much discussion of shoes amongst the women I work with. Imelda Marcos I'm not, but it would seem that I have a much larger shoe collection than any of my female colleagues.

So this weekend I set to the task of taking an inventory of my footwear - slippers included.


I'm not really sure how this has happened. I don't think I buy a lot of shoes. I like to have enough that I can rotate through the week. [I read somewhere once that it was better for your feet to leave at least 24 hours between wears in order to let your shoes dry out properly.]

Perhaps I just don't throw them out much.

Perhaps my less-than-42-pairs colleagues are the weird shoe-deficient ones?

IMG_1241

2 comments:

M-H said...

You've got some great shoes! I think of mine in terms of the colours and what they go with. So for summer I have 2 pairs of black sandals (plain and dressy), green sandals, red sandals and brown sandals. Much the same for winter in shoes, But... I actually have two pairs of green winter shoes, and there are three pairs that are kind of tween season. And there are a pair of walking shoes I almost never wear, and another sports pair I wear quite a bit, and two pairs of skater-style ones that aren't very comfortable these days... I'd probably get to 30 if I pushed it.

Sheep Rustler said...

I think we have very similar tastes in shoes! I probably have slightly more pairs than that. I might be tempted to photograph them now! I think yours are great!