Friday, 8 October 2010

No such thing as a free fleece


DSC03607, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

I know... two posts in one day... what's the world coming to?

I finally got around to sewing the buttons on this cardigan last night. It's the Garter Yoke Cardi pattern by Melissa LaBarre which was very popular a couple of years ago. It's taken me a while to get around to making it. Of course now everyone on Ravelry has been making her more recent pattern Tea Leaves (which I will get around to... eventually....).

The wool is my own handspun and the fleece came straight off the sheep's back, shorn by C's dad. I love that I know the entire life-cycle/manufacturing-cycle of this cardi (well.... except for the buttons... they came from the Buttonmania sale and I've no idea where they were manufactured) and that I did everything except shear the sheep myself (I'll happily leave that bit to the expert).

No comments: