Monday, 7 March 2011

Across the river

I don't often venture into the city on the weekend. I'm there every week day so it's nice to give it a miss for a couple of days. So yesterday was a little unusual with a wee trip to the arts precinct to kill two birds with one stone.

First stop: the National Gallery of Victoria to see the Gustave Moreau exhibition.


National Gallery of Victoria

Next up: some sock photography.


IMG_1394
IMG_1398IMG_1395

If you look carefully at the toe of my left foot, you can see where I ran out of Twilight Saga yarn and had to finish the second sock off with a tiny bit of the-Colorway-that-must-not-be-named. Perhaps I should call these my Edward Diggory socks. Both are sold-out colours from Sunshine Yarns. The pattern is the Wedge socks by Cookie A from her new book Knit. Sock. Love. Project 1 of the 2011 Six Books Project is complete.

Then it was on to main event.
Spiegeltent

My first venture into the Spiegeltent to see the Kransky Sisters.

IMG_1403

A perfect Melbourne day.

No comments: