Sunday, 2 October 2011

of cats, copha, coconut and smurfs

I'm not a close follower of football, but yesterday was the AFL grand final so I headed off to C&D's place to watch the big game on their big screen.  I made some blue and white coconut ice in an attempt to replicate the Geelong colours.  (Navy food colouring didn't appear to be stocked in my local Safeway)
IMG_1596

I struggled to cut it neatly and ended up with a lot of leftover crumbs.  It looks a bit like I got a bit carried away and put a Smurf in the blender.
IMG_1599

For the record, Geelong won the match much to the general delight of the room and the kids were successfully told that this blue and white stuff was not "cake" and we thus avoided the joy of toddlers on sugar highs racing around the house.


1 comment:

Lynne said...

And four days after the final siren, are you still smiling?

I wonder if the Cats would like to be compared to Smurfs? LOL