Thursday, 3 January 2013

Hexagonal

2013: The Year of the Finished Project.
Never Too Hot to Stitch!

I made a page where I can keep track of my progress on this quest.

I have a habit of starting quilting projects with only a vague intention of their end form.  These paper-pieced hexagons had such a start in life.  I can't remember when I started this - probably about 2 years ago.  I pulled it out yesterday and thought that it would make a good "stained glass" effect curtain for the littlest room.
Hexagons
So, part one of my Finished Projects goal for January is to finish the piecing and then turn this panel into a simple curtain.

Part two is to sew up the top and jacket set that I cut out a couple of months ago and has been sitting on the spare bed ever since.  My parents are coming to visit in February so it really needs to be cleared away before then.

Part three is to spin at least 1 skein from my never-ending black sheep fleece.

Then I really should get on with my first Steek in 2013 project.

9 comments:

Lynne said...

I have a hexagon project on my list too!

Welcome aboard -- good to have you!

Kate said...

Very pretty hexies! Those will make a gorgeous curtain!

Chris said...

My hexagon project is in pending mode LOL. I can't wait ti see how yours comes out.

Sandra said...

Your hexagons are lovely! I especially like the scrappy look. I also have a hexagon project that needs to be finished...but it will have to wait in line till I conquer a few other projects first. Best wishes on your progress. I look forward to seeing this completed:)

Carol said...

That will make a gorgeous curtain. Cant wait to see it finished.

Terri in BC said...

My hexie progress is one of those projects that I don't have a deadline for. I love the idea of a curtain for the stained glass effect.

LynCC said...

You spin yarn! Do you acquire the fleece, or do you have the sheep, too? I think that is so cool :) LOVE your hexies.

Paisley said...

No sheep in my back yard! The fleece came gratis from a friend's dad. It's from a black sheep so it can't be included in his commercial clip.

DrRobbo said...

Look forward to seeing progress on all 3 projects - the hexagons are lovely. And spinning too? Multi-talented. Is there a project for the wool down the track?