Thursday, 5 September 2013

New month, new season, new leaf?

All winter I've been feeling that I've been distracted by "oh, look, new stuff" kind of projects and that I haven't been very productive.
However, on checking my list of UFOs that I made at the start of the year, I have made some further progress on processing the never-ending black fleece that I got from C's dad.  In fact I have spun up 1 sheep's worth (there's another sheep's worth in a bag I haven't dared open yet).  No current photos (note to self - must take photos of black fleece yarn) to prove it, but the fleece prior to spinning looked like this.

DSC02981

So that's one step forward in clearing up the UFOs, but then I couldn't resist buying a new fleece when I went to the Bendigo Sheep and Wool Show (yay!  Y and I finally got there this year.  We're hoping to go back next year too.) and I have made a start on spinning that fleece too.

Romney fleeceRomney fleece roughly sortedReady to spin some Romney.
Romney singlesRomney pliedRomney plied

I continued my adventures in spinning using a Turkish spindle (and bought 3 new spindles - more about them another time).
Spindling merino silk singlesMerino silk singlesMerino silk, chain plied on Turkish spindleChain plied merino silk

In non-spinning land, I finished a pair of socks in August - knit from the sock yarn stash.
Oak ribbed socks

I started a new cardigan - another steeking project...
Cardigan in progress...and then I came across this really cool cardigan pattern in Ravelry and got a bee in my bonnet over it and .....
....what can I say?

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Seems like you've been productive to me! But this lovely spring weather may be just what we both need!

Kate said...

At least you have one finish for the month and progress on a couple of other projects. Not a bad month.

karen said...

Love those socks, and I really must get back to that Bendigo wool show, I haven't been for about 4-5 years mmmm.