Sunday, 18 May 2014

Me Made May 2014 Week 3

12 May:  Tried out a new skirt pattern - Mabel (by Colette Patterns).  This one is a size too big and a lesson in not sewing in a hurry - I managed to place the back of this skirt upside down (ie:  I discovered the waist band notches at the hem....  oops...)

13 May:  Orange Vitamin C cardigan (I think the pattern is actually called Vitamin D, but the colour....) and blue Draupner shawl/scarfy thing.

14 May: Grey polkadot jersey top (I've made 4 or 5 tops using this pattern - this is the original.)

15 May and 16 May:  Had a cold and didn't leave the house.  Snuggled down in my handspun Garter Yoke Cardigan.

17 May:  Dinner with the girls.  Second attempt at the Mabel skirt.  This one is the right size, but I will try some modifications to the waistline on the next version. Purple Goodale cardigan.

18 May:  Purple Goodale cardigan (again).

At just past the half-way point, I still have 4 or 5 cardigans that have yet to make an appearance.  This includes my just-completed Whisper cardigan which I finally got around to blocking this morning.  I'm missing wearing some of my ready-to-wear clothes.  My me-made stuff doesn't always feel sophisticated enough for the office although I think I get away with it thanks to a "let's just humour the eccentric library dragon" ethos.


No comments: