Monday, 26 May 2014

Me Made May 2014 - Week 4

Monday - Day 19 - Sorbetto top (by Colette Patterns) in purple check (2014) and grey jersey scraps "necklace".

Tuesday - Day 20 - Mabel skirt (2nd attempt) in grey polka dots (2014) - a better fit than the previous incarnation, but I want to try one more time - with modifications to the waistband - before I give up on this pattern. The grey top is a new iteration of my go-to self-drafted pattern from the Japanese sewing book which Y tells me roughly translates as "Remaking Kimono Fabrics" - so of course I make this pattern in jersey - linen jersey in this case, which is quite lovely.

Wednesday - Day 21 - Purple and Yellow Strrripes cardigan and black jersey cowl neck tank.

Thursday - Day 22 - Magenta Whisper Cardi (2014) - Newly finished and blocked.  My first cardigan knit in laceweight (Marta's Yarns Magic 2 ply merino).  So light but quite warm.  Since I still have heaps of laceweight in my stash I'm planning on trying a Strrripes cardi in this stuff too.

Friday - Day 23 - Striped "paper crane" jacket, adapated from Pattern Magic 2 (circa 2008).  Again, this pattern was designed for a woven fabric - with a more "architectural" feel.  Making it up in some gorgeous grey/black/blue striped jersey gives a more fluid and comfy result - fastened with a bull-dog clip (one of my favourite fastening tricks).

Saturday - Day 24 - Red "Monday Morning Cardigan" (2011)

Sunday - Day 25 - Shalom cardigan (2010).

No comments: